Sunday, August 24, 2008

it begins again...





I came back to Mankato today.  Surprisingly, it really bummed me out.  I'm not really sure why.  Maybe I've forgotten what the place feels like with everyone here after my enchanting little stay this summer.  Maybe I wasn't really ready to leave Duluth or Ben this week.  Maybe I just need my mom to drop off my cat so it can feel like home again.  Whatever it is, to combat the blues, here are some of my favorite moments this summer.  They include perfect days on the shores of Lake Superior, Kate & Joey at our favorite Thai place, Ben getting eaten by a shark the day we visited the zoo, hanging with Cory after he played with John Lee Hooker Jr. at BluesFest (for 8000 people!)
and Lex's pirate-themed 4th birthday party.  There are more great moments and maybe I'll have to add another post to get them all, but in the meantime... 








No comments: