
And now I am. I officially am an inhabitant of New York City.
The facts:
1. I live in Astoria off of Ditmars. A lovely, lovely neighborhood where it does seem that they all know each other. I am subletting from a friend through April.
2. No, I don't have a job yet. But I am hopeful. I have a master's and am not afraid of work. It also turns out that while I cannot swallow my artistic integrity, I am totally able to swallow my pride so bring on the jobs!
3. This is a permanent move until I have a secured a teaching gig somewhere that is right for me...which may be years, but in the meantime, I will keep trying. I miss teaching.
The ambitions:
1. To have a reading up of my new play by May.
2. To continue sending out vT to other theatres for production.
3. To reach out to as many connections as possible to try to get in as an assistant director on larger productions.
4. To maintain a day job that can pay my bills and not kill my soul while working the biz.
5. To be able to deepen my yoga practice at the Jivamukti studio.
6. To keep getting better, mind body and soul, as I figure it out out here.
The truths:
1. I've unpacked for the first time in 7 months. It feels good.
2. Sometimes this city feels really natural and like I've always been here. It's always been that way every time I visit. I think because I've spent so much time here, this move doesn't feel like a big deal. It feels really normal.
3. Something has got to change from how life has been since May. This has got to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment