After Ben and I broke up in February, I spent a lot of time watching "Hedwig and the Angry Inch". A LOT of time. So much time in fact, that it is reasonable to blame my first non-A of grad school (in Dialects of all classes!) on the charmingly tragic transsexual. I had a small obsession with the song "Origin of Love" which then lead me to actually reading Plato's symposium which the song is based on...and which coincidentally is printed in the back of the script--although JCM made some may-jah edits upon more research. Anyway, the whole theory is that we were once all connected and made as 2-headed, 4-legged people who were naturally born to be together and complete each other. Then we pissed off Zues and he threw lightning at us and split us in two and now we are all sad lonely 2 legged people, looking for our other half. Come to think of it, sounds like Shel Silverstein's "Missing Piece" too....Anyway, after careful consideration, I've decided that if anyone is my yin that it's gotta be Lex. OR is that how we all feel about our "children"?
But then again, I'm not exactly sure I buy any of this Plato stuff. It could've been the grieving talking all that time...

No comments:
Post a Comment